CA ProStart CupMarch 7 + 8, 2023 | Long Beach Convention Center
The CA ProStart Cup is more than a cooking competition – it’s a life-changing experience! Imagine being 16 years old and pitching a new restaurant concept to a panel of restaurateurs. Or having a crowd of people watch you as you put the finishing touches on a three-course meal. This is a life-changing event!
The 2023 CA ProStart Cup will be hosted at the Long Beach Convention Center on March 7 +8.
Join Us for a Tour!
See ProStart students in action! You’re invited to join us for a tour. You’ll be inspired by the incredible talent and passion.
And the Winners Are….
We celebrated our 20th annual CA ProStart Cup in-person at the Long Beach Convention Center! The event, presented by Wienerschnitzel, brought talented teens from across the state together to show off their culinary and entrepreneurial skills.
Students had just 60-minutes to create a 3-course meal in the BJ’s Restaurants Culinary Cup. And teens pitched their ideas for a new restaurant concept in the BJ’s Restaurants Management Cup. The Habit Burger Grill is sending the 1st place teams to represent California at the National ProStart Invitational in Washington, D.C. in May!
Newport Harbor High School – 1st Place Culinary
Appetizer: citrus fennel salad with house made ricotta
Entrée: cherry pistachio stuffed pork tenderloin, mustard balsamic sauce
Dessert: almond ginger churros with basil syrup and poached pears
Orange County School of the Arts – 1st Place Management
The winning concept was a Filipino-infused fast casual concept with technology integrations.
- Newport Harbor High School – 1st Place Culinary
- Appetizer: citrus fennel salad with house made ricotta
- Entrée: cherry pistachio stuffed pork tenderloin, mustard balsamic sauce
- Dessert: almond ginger churros with basil syrup and poached pears
- Orange County School of the Arts – 1st Place Management – The winning concept was a Filipino-infused fast casual concept with technology integrations.
- Students and teachers competed in the Wienerschnitzel’s Dress Your Dog hotdog topping competition and the Loaded Idaho Baked Potato competition! They had just 10 minutes to prepare their creations. From bánh mì dogs to truffle loaded potatoes, contestants wowed the judges!
- Stacy Chatfield of Fortuna High School was named the ProStart Educator of the Year
- Over 200 students attended the College + Career Expo
- Leuzinger High School won the Team Spirit Award presented by Coca-Cola and snagged theme park tickets!
- Two very lucky teachers won VIP passes to the Long Beach Grand Prix courtesy of our venue host Savor
BJ’s Restaurants Culinary Cup
1. Newport Harbor High School (Orange County)
2. San Dimas High School (Los Angeles County)
3. Vista High School (San Diego County)
BJ’s Restaurants Management Cup
1. Orange County School of the Arts (Orange County)
2. Fullerton Union High School (Orange County)
3. San Dimas High School (Los Angeles County)
Thank You, Sponsors!
Take a look at the competitors, judges and supporters!
Taco Bell Crashes the CA ProStart Cup!
Download the resources below.
- ProStart Cup School Flyer
- ProStart Cup Student Waiver
- ProStart Cup Teacher Waiver
- 2023 PSCup Management Rules
- 2023 PSCup Culinary Rules
- 2023 PSCup Solo Comp Rules
- PPT Overview of Management Competition
- PPT Overview of Culinary Competition
- PPT Overview of Solo Competitions
- PPT of Plates + Posters from National ProStart Invitational