CA ProStart Cup presented by BJ’s Restaurants
March 15 + 16, 2019
Sheraton Fairplex Hotel & Conference Center
The Main Event
The CA ProStart Cup is an electrifying event that puts high school culinary and hospitality management students to the ultimate test. Students from across the state can compete in three events: the Culinary Cup (3-course meal in 60 minutes), the Management Cup (pitch a new restaurant concept), and the Innovation Cup (new robot, app or software to improve restaurants. What’s at stake? More than $2.3 million in available scholarships and the chance to represent California at the National ProStart Invitational. The big event takes place March 15+16, 2019 in Pomona, CA.
2018 Event Program
- CRAF provides students with skills to succeed: leadership, responsibility, teamwork, communication.
- The two-day competition is divided into three events: the BJ’s Restaurants Management Cup, the BJ’s Restaurants Culinary Cup and the Innovation Cup.
- Management teams develop and pitch a business proposal for a new restaurant concept, including a supporting menu, a marketing plan and a detailed design.
- Culinary competition contestants prepare three courses in one hour using only two butane burners.
- Innovation teams develop and pitch a concept for a robot, product, app or software to improve the restaurant industry.
- First-fifth place teams also qualify for prizes and scholarships to various culinary and hospitality post-secondary programs.
- 250 talented high school students from 30 ProStart high schools across California who represent the future of the state’s restaurant and foodservice industry.
- More than 65 industry experts serve as judges.
- The ProStart Cup includes a College + Career Expo, Trends + Techniques Expo and networking opportunities with industry leaders, and educational workshops.
2019 CA ProStart Cup Rules_Culinary
2019 CA ProStart Cup Rules_Management
2019 CA ProStart Cup Rules_Innovation
2019 Recipe, Recipe Cost, Menu Price_Templates
2019 tableware order form