CA ProStart Cup
The CA ProStart Cup is more than a cooking competition – it’s a life-changing experience! Imagine being 16 years old and pitching a new restaurant concept to a panel of restaurateurs. Or having a crowd of people watch you as you put the finishing touches on a three-course meal. This is a life-changing event!
The 2022 CA ProStart Cup was hosted at the Long beach Convention Center on March 7 +8.
See winners and pictures below!
Join Us for a Tour!
See ProStart students in action! You’re invited to join us for a tour. You’ll be inspired by the incredible talent and passion.
And the Winners Are….
We celebrated our 20th annual CA ProStart Cup in-person at the Long Beach Convention Center! The event, presented by Wienerschnitzel, brought talented teens from across the state together to show off their culinary and entrepreneurial skills.
Students had just 60-minutes to create a 3-course meal in the BJ’s Restaurants Culinary Cup. And teens pitched their ideas for a new restaurant concept in the BJ’s Restaurants Management Cup. The Habit Burger Grill is sending the 1st place teams to represent California at the National ProStart Invitational in Washington, D.C. in May!
BJ’s Restaurants Culinary Cup
1. Newport Harbor High School (Orange County)
2. San Dimas High School (Los Angeles County)
3. Vista High School (San Diego County)
BJ’s Restaurants Management Cup
1. Orange County School of the Arts (Orange County)
2. Fullerton Union High School (Orange County)
3. San Dimas High School (Los Angeles County)
Newport Harbor High School – 1st Place Culinary
Appetizer: citrus fennel salad with house made ricotta
Entrée: cherry pistachio stuffed pork tenderloin, mustard balsamic sauce
Dessert: almond ginger churros with basil syrup and poached pears
Orange County School of the Arts – 1st Place Management
The winning concept was a Filipino-infused fast casual concept with technology integrations.
- Students and teachers competed in the Wienerschnitzel’s Dress Your Dog hotdog topping competition and the Loaded Idaho Baked Potato competition! They had just 10 minutes to prepare their creations. From bánh mì dogs to truffle loaded potatoes, contestants wowed the judges!
- Stacy Chatfield of Fortuna High School was named the ProStart Educator of the Year
- Over 200 students attended the College + Career Expo
- Leuzinger High School won the Team Spirit Award presented by Coca-Cola and snagged theme park tickets!
- Two very lucky teachers won VIP passes to the Long Beach Grand Prix courtesy of our venue host Savor
Thank You, Sponsors!
Take a look at the competitors, judges and supporters!
Taco Bell Crashes the CA ProStart Cup!