Apply by May 15!
Each year, the Foundation awards dozens of scholarships to deserving high school seniors and undergraduate students who dream of pursuing higher education to study the foodservice and hospitality industries.
Up to $2,000 for 2-year degree programs
Up to $4,000 for 4-year degree programs
What you’ll need: work experience hours, min 2.5 GPA, essay
Guy Fieri Scholarship
$3,000 – $5,000
Submit a 30-second video or 2 photos with captions answering the question: what inspires you?
What you’ll need: work experience hours, min 2.5 GPA
Wienerschnitzel / Galardi Group, Inc. Scholarship
Do you or immediate family member work for Wienerschnitzel, Hamburger Stand, or Galardi Group? Apply for a scholarship!
The CRF is fortunate to have partners who have made a long-term commitment to higher education. The following people and companies have established scholarship endowments with us.
- David C Tallichet, Jr. / Specialty Restaurants Corp (SRC) Scholarship
- Wendy Armour Scholarship
- Kieran Collins Burke Scholarship Endowment
- Keurig Dr Pepper
- Balestreri + Cutino Scholarship Fund
- American Express Scholarship Fund
- Don + Dolly Karcher Scholarship Fund
- M. Dariotis Scholarship
- Thomas + Jenny Fat Endowment
- RARE Chapter Endowment
- Mark Giovanini Scholarship Fund
- Rolf Lewis CCA Scholarship Fund
- Milla O. Naylor Scholarship Fund
- Arthur Wynne Scholarship Fund
- CRA Central Valley Endowment
- CRA Fresno Chapter Endowment
- CRA Los Angeles Chapter Endowment
- CRA Monterey Chapter Endowment
- CRA North State Endowment
- CRA Orange County Chapter Endowment
- CRA Sacramento Chapter Endowment
Apply via the general CRF Scholarship application
CRA San Diego Chapter
- Apply via the general CRF Scholarship application
2021 CRF Scholarship Awards
The CRF awarded $106,000 in co-branded scholarship to 36 passionate students, 15 of them being ProStart students. Congratulations to all the 2021 CRF Scholarship recipients!
Andrew is a California ProStart alum and Guy Fieri Foundation scholarship recipient. Hear about Andrew’s passion for culinary arts.
Additional Scholarship Opportunities
National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF)
We encourage students to apply for other scholarships including the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF). The NRAEF scholarship application must be completed online.
Women of the Vine & Spirits Foundation, Ltd.
The Foundation provides scholarships and awards for the purpose of helping women advance their careers in the food, wine, spirits, brewing, hospitality, or viticulture industries through education, leadership, and professional development, as well as fostering gender diversity and talent development across the industry at large. Please check back for next year’s application in early 2021.
The CRF and the California Restaurant Association established the Wendy Armour Scholarship in memory of our dear colleague and friend who lost her battle with cancer. Wendy was the heart of the California Restaurant Foundation for 19 years and inspired thousands of students to dream bigger. Her legacy will live on in this scholarship and the lives that it changes.