Oct. 14 // 2-5pm // Anaheim GardenWalk
Top ProStart students from Orange County will be paired with Anaheim GardenWalk chefs on October 14 to compete in Chef Challenge. The competition, sponsored by Dining Out Magazine, benefits the California Restaurant Association Foundation’s high school culinary arts programs in Orange County. CRAF empowers more than 1,600 Orange County students each year – giving them the resources to land their first job and go to college.
Participating restaurants: Bubba Gump Shrimp Co, California Pizza Kitchen, Fire + Ice Grill + Bar, Grasslands Meat Market BBQ & Churrasco, House of Blues Anaheim, McCormick & Schmick’s Grille, and Roy’s Restaurant.
Registration begins at 2PM and the first 600 people will be able to sample free signature dishes and vote for their favorite. Come early and join us at Art on the Walk from 2-5PM for live music, henna tattoos, face painting, balloon art, and a photo booth. #ChefChallenge #eatertainment #ArtontheWalk #LoveSoCal”
Signature Dishes Include:
- Voodoo Shrimp – House of Blues Restaurant and Bar
- Asian salad with chicken, cabbage, alfalfa sprouts, spinach, bean sprouts, green onion, and orange ginger sesame dressing – FiRE + iCE Interactive Grill + Bar
- Picanha Churrasco and greens with oven-roasted potatoes – Grasslands Meat Market BBQ & Churrasco
- Chicken Milanese – California Pizza Kitchen
- Shrimp extravaganza with sautéed jumbo shrimp and lobster pepper butter sauce over garlic herb crostini – Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
- Yuzu Koshu Salmon Crunch Roll – Roy’s Restaurant
- Seared sea scallop with forbidden rice, burnt orange slaw, and a Peruvian pepper beurre blanc – McCormick & Schmick’s Grille